Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"You said, Ask and I'll give the nations to you..."

"Oh Lord, that's the cry of my heart...
Distant shores and the islands will see your light
as it rises on earth."






Back to my roots....

This is actually a blog that I have been wanting to write for awhile... but just could not find the right words. However, some great conversation with some really cool friends back home has inspired me. Thank you Bri and Korey.

Love as I have loved you. 
I remind myself of this everyday, and there is no way I could ever do it on my own, but through Him there is only room for more love. There always will be. No matter what the circumstance. Of course it is hard living for the sake of the Lord and for the
sake of others. Maybe even one of the hardest things in life, but I cannot imagine living for
anything else. 


To be an encouragement to others... to be devoted to one another... to love people... to see Him in every face I meet. I'm weak and I'm not very good at it, but I do my best. It's something to strive for. It's one of my biggest passions. It's something I want to take with me everywhere I go. To work, to practice with my girls, to the grocery store, to India! 
They'll know we belong to Him by our love.

So, with that being said, I headed back to the thumb this past weekend and it was wonderful. I really do enjoy going home and I am so grateful that I grew up in the community that I did. Even if it was annoying to drive an hour to the nearest ANYTHING. But really, Pigeon is a great place. If you haven't been there, y'all should come visit sometime (eh hem...JEN MOL RANDI!! I mean, what kind of roommates are you!!) but make it in the summer. Winters are a little on the depressing side. Anyway.. I had a lovely dinner with the grandparents and family. I love my grandparents. They're so cool. It's so intriguing to listen to their stories.. I'm sure most of you have experienced the same with your own grandparents. I wonder what it would've been like to live back then.. sometimes I wish I could travel back in time and see what it was like during different time periods. 

Wow. I am a little all over the place today. But moving on... I had the best time with Korey and Briana this weekend! Bri and I hopped in the car and drove to Korey's apt. in Bay City and had a little chat with some chocolate fondue and fresh strawberries. Mmmmm. It was some great conversation... from politics to pop rocks (we like to cover a wide range). On the way home Bri and I drove through Rose Island and took some great pictures. She's super fun and I love her and the infamous road trip conversations that we have. I also really like driving through Rose Island because of the bay and the old docks. It's really pretty especially at sunset. I highly 
recommend it!

Then it was back to the homestead for dinner and to play a little fetch with Abigail. She's my baby and I love her. You would too... some of you probably have already fallen under her little spell. 

P.S. I love my yard at home. My parents work really hard and it shows. It's beautiful! See above.




I may have put this in here before.. but it fits and it is always worth a second helping....

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
-Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Pop Rocks! By far, the coolest candy EVER invented!

    ReplyDelete