Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"I hear you whispering my name, you say, my love for you will never change..."

"What if I stumble, what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all?
Will the love continue when my walk becomes a crawl?
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?"

I have only been abroad a few times but none as significant as my trip to India. My least favorite part is readjusting to life in the U.S. If I experience culture shock, it is always when I step foot on American soil again. I get so frustrated at myself and at the way society works here. Don't get me wrong, I am so blessed to live in such a well developed country, but why do I feel that everyone (including myself) takes everything for granted? Remembering India and the people that I met there is a good reminder of the blessings that I have here, but it is also a blessing to have those memories of how the Lord provides even in the smallest ways. Have you noticed... it is never through material things? It is through His love and the people that he places in your life. Things are not extravagant, He is. 

So, I have returned and I have this renewed mindset, but what if I forget? What if I lose it again? I don't want to but I know there will be days I stumble and fall away. Does that hinder my ability to be a light for Christ? It is my hope that no matter what I am dealing with in my own life, whether it is a time of doubt or a time of praise, that the light of Christ will always shine through. In the end, it's not about me anyway.  

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
DC Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment